The project ComBuS aims to develop a holistic school program that will empower students, teachers, school staff, school leaders, and parents to combat bullying and create healthy and safe school communities, using blended (face-to-face, online and mobile) methodologies, tools, and activities.
ComBuS will develop and implement activities and a comprehensive anti-bullying policy and programs targeting all stakeholders in schools and their local communities. The project will involve students, parents, teachers, school leaders, and staff in a participatory and empowering manner. The project consortium aims to reach directly at least 2040 students, 480 teachers, 120 school leaders, 120 school staff and 600 parents in the 6 partner countries, while more than 10.000 members of the abovementioned target groups, from all EU, will be reached via implementation and dissemination activities. The project envisions a blended approach to fighting bullying in face-to-face, online and mobile encounters including experiential workshops, online learning platforms, networking sites and mobile applications.
The overall objectives of ComBuS are:
- Conduct literature review and analysis of the needs of students, teachers, school staff, school leaders and parents in 6 European countries
- Build a participatory, whole school program (ComBuS Toolkit) that will engage students, teachers, school staff, school leaders and parents in fighting bullying using blended (face-to-face, online and mobile) methodologies, tools and activities.
- Implement the program in at least 2 schools for each of the chosen 6 European countries
- Disseminate the model widely in the EU
KMOP’s role includes the following components:
- Contribution to the establishment of the in-school bullying prevention coordinating committee;
- Participation in the design and development of the combat bullying online platform and digital tools;
- Participation in the design and development of the ComBuS toolkit components;
- Contrbution to the pilot testing and finalization the toolkit online platform and components;
- Translation/localization of selected parts of ComBuS toolkit components;
- Implementation of the “combat bullying - whole school program toolkit” in Greece and assessment of the toolkit implementation;
- Development of implementation reports and case studies for each implementation of the toolkit;
- Coordination of the dissemination and sustainability activities
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. Project Number: JUST/2014/RDAP/AG/BULL/7698